Besides the new THC lubricant, not too many sex lubes out there claim to be chock-full of herbal goodness. Step aside chemical warming and cooling agents, because WET Ecstasy Water-Based lube contains a natural blend of stimulating flora that’ll make her fauna all over you!
This set my expectations high for the water-based variant. Ingredient-wise, they are very similar. The main difference is what you may expect. Instead of a silicone-base, this American-made, kosher lube from Trigg Laboratories has a water, glycerine and glycol base– meaning you need more of it in order to stay wet (it’s shorter-lived due to faster evaporation).
This non-staining, sensation-enhancing personal lubricant is compatible with latex and non-latex condoms and sex toys of all materials and is pH balanced for vaginal use. However, due to this sugary base and unusual mix of plant life– those with sensitive skin or a tendency for yeast infections should select a milder and sugar-free lube like Swiss Navy All-Natural Water-Based Lubricant and stay away from this particular WET lube.
Here’s a list of the natural plant extracts used in this thrilling and invigorating lube formula:
- Damiana Leaf– A shrub used by Mayans as a potent aphrodisiac, which is still used in modern Mexico for sexual arousal and increased circulation to the genital areas.
- Ginger Root– Another historically Chinese plant which is thought to stimulate the circulatory system, increasing blood flow to the genitalia.
- Gingko Biloba– An ancient Chinese herb used for an increase in cognitive awareness and sex drive. Some say it is particularly helpful for those with depression-based erectile dysfunction.
- Muira Puama– A part of traditional medicine in Brazil, this plant supposedly increases testosterone levels and decreases PMS and menstrual symptoms.
- Passion Flower– This aphrodisiac from the Amazon lives up to its name, as it is said to create a heightened libido, while also having a calming effect on the mind.
- Peppermint-– A common ingredient in cooling lubes (like WET Synergy + Cool Tingle), and a personal favorite of mine, peppermint adds a refreshing, fresh and energizing scent to this lube and provides a mild tingle as it gently chills the skin.
- Safflower— Used in traditional Chinese medicine to alleviate pain, increase circulation and prevent bruising, this flower extract has been used in cosmetics since ancient Egyptian times.
The water-based Ecstasy comes in a metallic blue bottle (silicone-based is black) and is available in two sizes: 3.6oz (102g) for $7.99 or 10.6oz (300.5g) for $14.99. As usual, WET was thinking of their users when designing this bottle, as it has both an ergonomic grip for holding and squeezing and a one-handed flip top for easy, clean and precise application/reapplication. Speaking of clean, this lube is a cinch to remove from skin and fabrics with soap and water and it didn’t even clog my overly picky pores.
Overall Rating: 4 Stars
WET Ecstasy Water-Based is an outstanding cooling, stimulating and invigorating lube that’s safe for use with all sex toy materials, plus it smells wonderful. The downside? It has glycerin and glycol in it, and isn’t nearly as long lasting as its silicone-based counterpart, WET Ecstasy Silicone.